The Beyond Basics 2-day seminar is designed for all Emergency Department care and billing staffers - physicians, coders, nurses, support staff and management - interested in improving their business skills. We have found that when ED staff attend together as a team, they receive the best payback.
What Will You Learn From this Seminar?
This seminar will enable you to:
- » Increase RVUs and revenue
- » Understand rules and regulations
- » Determine appropriate levels of service
- » Document for billing purposes
- » Document for clinical and risk management purposes
- » Communicate better with your ED physicians/coders
- » Control the quality of billing
- » Negotiate with payers
- » Recognize and improve value of service
- » Maintain confidence without fear of unintentional fraud
What you will gain from the seminar
- » Clear understanding of the difference between "documentation for billing purposes" and "documentation for clinical purposes" - and being able to do both
- » Up-to-the-minute knowledge of the current rules and regulations with their practical implications for physicians and support staff
- » Raised levels of sensitivity and knowledge concerning documentation issues that physicians control
- » Greater confidence knowing how to secure appropriate payment for services without worrying about Fraud and Abuse and False Claims violations generated unintentionally or by others
- » Practice using sample charts and case studies to see that applying the right rules benefits the physician, the practice, and the patient
- » Current, reliable, practical information on how to properly charge for services
- » New insights into your value to your group and hospital
Support staff and administrative management increase their ability to "protect their docs" through improved documentation procedures
Continuing educational credit
Coders who attend the 2-day seminar will receive 13 hours of CEU credit toward CPC and CCS-P continuing education.
This seminar is guaranteed to provide you with outstanding information and resources. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and/or the documentation, just notify the onsite program administrator, turn in your binder, and receive a full refund for the seminar fee. In the eighteen (18) year history of the course, program administrators have never been asked to make good on their money-back guarantee. See our list of evaluation comments from prior attendees.